ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE FOLLOWING THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW.
Complete the application to the NMSU Graduate School for the Summer term using the online application and pay the application fee.
DEADLINE: ALL application materials must be received by February 1.
Graduate Student Services, MSC 3G
New Mexico State University
P.O. Box 30001
Las Cruces, NM 88003-8001
Apply to the NMSU Graduate School for a Major in Counseling and Guidance with a concentration in Counseling by completing the following: Online Application
As part of this application, you will need to upload the following:
1. One unofficial transcript from each college or university previously attended. Official transcripts must be submitted to the Graduate Student Services for verification upon initial acceptance to the counseling program.
2. An unofficial copy of your GRE reports (Verbal, Quantitative, and Writing) that you received from ETS. The scores must be from the last 5 years. (There is no required minimum GRE score for admission. GRE Code for NMSU is R4531).
3. A current curriculum vitae/resume, that includes a list of completed upper division and/or graduate coursework related to counseling- Courses at the Junior level and above in the areas of Research (statistics, assessment, research design), Understanding Behavior (personality, human development), and Counseling (theory, technique).
4. A personal statement, describing your background, career goals, and research interests must be uploaded on the online application system. Include a description of counseling related experience, particularly with regard to working with diverse problems and populations. Identify how you will make a unique contribution to the program (i.e., cultural background, technology skills, and special communication skills.)
5. The names and contact information of three (3) recommenders who will provide a letter of reference concerning your competency to complete graduate level work. These recommenders should be former instructors and supervisors.
6. A sample of your recent undergraduate or graduate writing (optional) that demonstrates utilization of research (e.g., citing current research in a course paper) or conducting original research (e.g., senior or master’s thesis or professional publications).
For questions about the application process, please contact:
Ginger L. Dickson, PhD Training Director
Clinical Mental Health Counseling