Counseling Masters Students Association (CMSA) is an organization made up of Masters Students in the Counseling Program at New Mexico State University. CMSA provides great opportunities to network socially and professionally and get to know your fellow students on a professional and personal level. CMSA members have participated in fund raising activities to support their travel to national and local conferences and have gained community exposure through community volunteer activities. The organization is also dedicated to promoting mental health awareness in the community through different service projects. The experience and camaraderie that CMSA offers can be extremely helpful in this new chapter of your life not only for your current progress through the program, but also later in your professional life and career. In order to join the organization please contact our secretary or attend one of the scheduled meetings for more information.
President: Dora Caro (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Vice President: Victor Carrasco (email@example.com)
Treasurer: Stephanie Betancourt (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Historian: Inez Ruiz (email@example.com)
Secretary: Jessica Smith (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Upcoming events: CMSA first social gathering. 8/31/17
Students are also encouraged to belong to the following organizations:
- American Counseling Association (ACA)(http://www.counseling.org),
- the American Mental Health Counselors Association (AMHCA) (http://www.amhca.org),
- the American School Counselor Association (ASCA) (http://www.schoolcounselor.org),
- the New Mexico Counseling Association (http://www.nmca-nm.org/ ), and
- Chi Sigma Iota (CSI)(http://www.csi-net.org/) the national organization for counselor education students.