- Complete an application for admission to the Graduate School with a summer start date. Information related to applying for admission and the Graduate School can be found at the Graduate Student Services webpage (http://gradadmissions.nmsu.edu/). Information is also available by request from the same office at: Graduate Student Services, New Mexico State University, Educational Services Building, Suite G, MSC 3G, P.O. Box 30001, Las Cruces, NM 88003-8001; 575/646-2736).
- Complete the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) and submit an official copy of scores to the New Mexico State University Graduate Student Services. These scores must be less than 5 years old at the time of application. The following criteria will also be considered:
For students who hold an advanced degree (master‘s degree or equivalent) or have completed graduate coursework and have taken the GRE as a requirement for admission to those programs/coursework may request that these scores be accepted for admission regardless of the date taken; however, the following also need to be met:
- Students will need to submit official copies to the Graduate Student Services office or a copy of their individual report to the program so that scores can be verified.
- These scores will be considered in conjunction with GPA in the advanced degree and/or coursework; students will still be required to have maintained a minimum of 3.0 GPA in their prior gradate work to the school psychology program regardless of when the GRE was taken.
- Students who hold an advanced degree or graduate coursework and did not take the GRE as a requirement for admission to these program/coursework are still required to take the GRE and submit official scores to the Graduate Student Services Office for consideration for admission to the School Psychology Program.
- Submit through the online application an official transcript from every college or university attended.
- Submit a professional statement (personal statement) and at least three current (i.e., less than 1 year old) letters of support from different individuals.
- Submit a resume or curriculum vitae (CV) outlining your educational, professional, and other experiences, interests, etc. Your resume/CV must include current contact information.
- Other materials not required but optional are published research papers, special projects, licensure/certifications, grants, etc.
How to Apply:
Once username and password are created—Go over to left tabs
Click on Enrollment Information:
- State which ever applies to you (e.g. new graduate student from different university, or from NMSU)
- For Intended Major choose School Psychology PhD
- For Concentration choose None
- Once you choose none it will automatically choose PhD in School Psychology (MG-SPDR-PHD) for the following line (under Degree Expected)
- For semester choose when you plan to start please select summer (current year).
Complete all areas under Personal Information and Secondary contact Information
Complete all areas that apply under academic information
Under School Psychology PhD:
- Indicate obtained GRE scores and upload original scanned document
- For transcripts, upload original scanned documents
- For “letter of interest” it is referring for personal statement
- For Resume upload resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- For Additional Documentation scan and upload any that apply
- Read “how the online recommendation process works”
- Remember to let your recommenders know before this sent to them
Questions regarding the online application process can be directed to:
Dr. Enedina Garcia Vazquez, Interim PhD Program Director
Phone: (575) 646-5862
School Psychology Program
New Mexico State University
Las Cruces, NM 88003-8001