- Complete an application for admission to the Graduate School with a summer start date. Information related to applying for admission and the Graduate School can be found at the Graduate Student Services webpage (https://provost.nmsu.edu/gradschool/how-to-apply/). Information is also available by request from the same office at: Graduate Student Services, New Mexico State University, Educational Services Building, Suite G, MSC 3G, P.O. Box 30001, Las Cruces, NM 88003-8001; 575/646-2736).
- At this time, we do not require GRE scores as part of the admissions process. Please note, though, that some awards, scholarships, and/or fellowships outside of NMSU for which you may wish to apply in the future may require GRE scores. We, however, do not require the GRE.
- Submit through the online application an official transcript from every college or university attended.
- Submit a professional statement (personal statement) and at least three current (i.e., less than 1 year old) letters of support from different individuals.
- Submit a resume or curriculum vitae (CV) outlining your educational, professional, and other experiences, interests, etc. Your resume/CV must include current contact information.
- Other materials not required but optional are published research papers, special projects, licensure/certifications, grants, etc.
How to Apply:
Once username and password are created—Go over to left tabs
Click on Enrollment Information:
- State which ever applies to you (e.g. new graduate student from different university, or from NMSU)
- For Intended Major choose School Psychology PhD
- For Concentration choose None
- Once you choose none it will automatically choose PhD in School Psychology (MG-SPDR-PHD) for the following line (under Degree Expected)
- For semester choose when you plan to start please select summer (current year).
Complete all areas under Personal Information and Secondary contact Information
Complete all areas that apply under academic information
Under School Psychology PhD:
- Indicate obtained GRE scores and upload original scanned document
- For transcripts, upload original scanned documents
- For “letter of interest” it is referring for personal statement
- For Resume upload resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- For Additional Documentation scan and upload any that apply
- Read “how the online recommendation process works”
- Remember to let your recommenders know before this sent to them
The deadline is January 15th
Questions regarding the online application process can be directed to: